Who Should Apply?
- K-college/university educators of all disciplines who teaching writing
- Educators who have at least 2 years of teaching experience
- Reflective educators who are willing to share their expertise and learn from others
Invitational Leadership Institute Fellowship Application
During the Invitational Leadership Institute, we will
- develop our own writing
- demonstrate and share lessons we use to teach writing
- develop our own inquiry questions for classroom research
- have constructive conversations about social justice and equity in the context of new standards and frameworks
- explore and increase our understanding of how to use CCSS and ELD standards in content-based curriculum and instruction across disciplines
- read current research about critical literacy theory, policy, instruction and assessment
- participate in Writing Groups, sharing and responding to the our writing
- use and share digital tools to support our learning and our students’ learning
- develop our leadership skills
Invitational Leadership Dates
Application Deadline: March 27, 2017
Application Review Process: Applications will be reviewed by a committee of CCWP Fellows. The application process may include an interview.
Notification of acceptance will be made by April 7.
Orientation Meeting: April 29, 9:30 am - 12:30
Participants bring a piece of student writing to share and discuss.
ILI: June 19 through July 7, 2017 [not July 3 and 4]
School-year Follow-up Meeting: TBD
- Become CCWP Teacher Consultants (TCs)
- Join our National Writing Project community of teacher leaders who participate in ongoing collaboration
- Provide professional learning for our region’s educators and students
Teachers will receive a Fellowship stipend of $700 for participation in the Leadership Institute and school-year follow-up meeting.
To be filled